Kalap Trust is an NGO working for equal access to education, healthcare and livelihood opportunities, and inclusion for disadvantaged communities living in the Upper Tons Valley, Uttarakhand, India. We improve the quality of life of communities through sustainable development. We provide high-quality direct services in education and healthcare. We work with the community to develop new sustainable livelihood opportunities. Our approach includes advocacy and awareness, and professional support through workshops, outreach and training.
Kalap Trust was formally registered in 2014 and we are the first organisation to do pioneering development work in this remote, inaccessible and neglected region. The organisation started work first in a small village called Kalap which is inaccessible by road. The organisation was named after this village.
The ‘Tons Valley Community Health Centre (TVCHC)’ serves the primary healthcare needs of 20,000 people living in 37 villages in the remote upper Tons Valley of Uttarakhand, India. The centre provides basic out-patient consultation services through qualified MBBS doctors, diagnostic services, paramedic services in remote villages, technology-enabled remote specialist consults and grassroots public health outreach in all the villages it caters to. The centre is located at Village Kotgaon, District Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India.
FACILITIES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Fully-equipped primary healthcare equipment
- MBBS doctor on duty from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, 6 days a week
- Two qualified nurses on duty
- State-of-the-art computerised registration and medical data management system
- Blood sugar and haemoglobin testing kits
- ECG Machine
- Oxygen bottles and nebulization
- Basic trauma kit
What is he raising funds for?
- Hire a second doctor, a woman, at the TVCHC to cater to women & child health issues
- Buy and install a dental chair to deal with oral health patients
How much? Rs 8.5 Lakhs
Kalap Trust Website: www.kalaptrust.org
Donation Page: www.kalaptrust.org/pedal4tvchc
Kalap Trust Ph No: +919886781587
Please find all documents regarding the trust.